At Hamilton Operatic Society, we believe that theatre is for everyone, from all ages, all walks of life and all backgrounds.
The Society provides opportunities for members of the community to get involved in all of our productions, in all aspects. Those on stage could not perform without the support and work of all other departments behind the scenes. Wardrobe, back stage crew, props, fly crew, sound crew, lighting crew, along with administration and marketing all require people to help and take part in bringing a stage production to life. It’s a great big family and we are always on the look out for people who would like to join. Please get in contact and let us know which area you would like to help out in, you won’t regret it.
There are several types memberships of the Society. These are:
Friend of the Society
For those that take part in a production of the Society This entitles the member to free tickets* to the productions in which they are active for at least 50% of the season, additional discount on further tickets* and from time to time newsletters and relevant information and offers. Membership expires each year on December 31st. Financial members over the age of 18 have voting rights at the Annual General Meeting which happens prior to December 31st each year for the previous financial year. Membership Online Form or download form
* Quantity of free or discounted tickets can vary for each production and are determined by Management.
FRIEND OF THE SOCIETY:
Become a Friend of the Society and receive a complimentary souvenir programme for every show this year. Keep up to date with newsletters special offers. Membership expires each year on December 31st. Financial members over the age of 18 have voting rights at the Annual General Meeting which happens prior to December 31st each year for the previous financial year. Membership Online Form or download form
The Society could not exist without the generous support of our sponsors and partners. These are negotiated individually with business who which to support the Society and also raise the profile of their business. The Society can offer many benefits to businesses that suit their needs and their clientele. Please contact either the Business Manager or Chairperson for more information on how Hamilton Operatic Society Inc. can make your business perform.
HOS Membership Card Terms and Conditions:
1. The Hamilton Operatic Society Inc. Membership Card, known as the HOS Membership Card, remains the property of the Society at all times and may be requested to be returned at any time and at the discretion of the Board of Management.
2. The HOS Membership Card’s Terms and Conditions are subject to change by the Board of Management or to reflect any legislative requirements at any time.
3. The named person on the HOS Membership Card is the only person entitled to use the HOS Membership Card and must do so by presenting their valid NZ Drivers Licence.
4. The Board of Management will detail any entitlement, benefit or other expectation resulting from the possession of the HOS Membership Card, annually and before 1st January.
5. Any third parties such as Ticketek or any affiliated sponsor or supplier where a benefit may be offered to HOS Membership Card holders, have the right to refuse this HOS Membership Card should they believe it is beingused fraudulently at any time.
6. The HOS Membership Card is valid only for the financial year (1 January to 31 December) in which it is issued upon payment of the annual Membership Subscription.
7. The loss of the HOS Membership Card will result in a replacement fee.
8. The HOS Membership Card has no monetary value and cannot be used as currency to purchase goods or services.
9. By becoming a member of Hamilton Operatic Society Inc. you agree to be contacted from time to time by email with membership offers and upcoming events. You are able to unsubscribe from this email contact at any time.
10. Found cards should be retuned to PO Box 463, Waikato Mail Centre, Hamilton.
If you do want to get on stage we highly recommend you get some training from a performance school or qualified reputable music teacher. This not only helps with your performance standard but helps increase confidence in everyday life.
Below is a select list of schools and individuals we would recommend to start with as they have had close association with the Society at some period of time. More can be found in the phone book or searching on the Internet.
Julia Booth (vocal training)
Pamela Wallace (vocal training)
Loretta Pennington (vocal training)
Sam Cleaver (piano/vocal training)